Vacancy : Part-time Financial Accountant
We are looking for a financial accountant to work with us part-time at our offices based in Walton on Thames. The role reports to the chief executive but you will have a close working relationship with the treasurer who is a trustee.
Rate of Pay and Hours
The role will be paid at £18 to £22 per hour, based on your level of experience. The task is to write up the financial records in Quickbooks and prepare quarterly management accounts. You will be required to spend about 5 hours a week on daily/weekly duties and about 36 hours at the end of each quarter, a total of around 400 hours per annum, and additional hours on year end accounts depending on your level of experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Submit payroll input template on due dates for CEO review and update any payroll changes.
- Obtain CEO approval before submitting payroll to payroll provider.
- Review payroll provider’s output and set up for electronic approval.
- Transfer net pay to payroll provider and electronic payments to HMRC and pension provider.
- Process payroll into Quickbooks.
- Ensure all monies due for grants and suchlike are received on due date. Advise CEO and treasurer about late or overdue grants.
- Call off bank statements regularly and keep reconciliations up to date. Advise Finance committee of weekly bank balances.
- Record receipts and interbank transfers into Quickbooks.
- Complete reconciliations of all bank accounts and obtain sign off of all reconciliations.
- Review all entries into Quickbooks and ensuring all items correctly processed.
- Ensure inter company accounts balance.
- Download Quickbooks trial balance into excel.
- Insert budget numbers into excel management accounts.
- Complete quarterly management accounts and check validity of actual results against budget. Insert explanations against budget variances.
- Review management accounts with treasurer and follow up on any queries or amendments.
- Carry out any supporting analysis required by the treasurer.
- Assist the treasurer to complete the statutory accounts.
- Liaise with CEO on any matters where information or input is required.
- Provide additional analysis where required by the treasurer or CEO.
- Assist treasurer by providing any additional information that may be required for the annual report and accounts, annual budgets, or project funding proposals etc.
- Provide a file of information to provide to the external examiner and answer their questions.
- Prepare and submit gift aid claims to HMRC.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- You have either a financial qualification or accounting experience up to management accounts level.
- Knowledge of charity accounting would be preferable but not essential.
- You already use or are familiar with electronic accounting system and spreadsheets.
- You have financial communication skills.
- You have the ability to work to timetables and deadlines.
- You have the time and flexibility to respond to the demands of the workload and reporting deadlines.
- You can work effectively as part of a team.
- You are prepared to operate within the principles of the CA service ie: confidentiality impartiality, and independence and a personal commitment to equal opportunities.
- You have a genuine interest in the work of the charity, its ethos and are willing to uphold the values of Citizen’s Advice.
To apply for the role, please download an Application Form, complete and send to Citizens Advice Elmbridge West – Chief Executive email@example.com by 12th February 2020